Friday, April 8, 2011

If I could sell my soul...

Jimmy Page, arguably the greatest guitarist ever, had exceptional guitar skills and was a pioneer of many musical and recording techniques. Not only was he technically proficient, he could pour emotions into his riffs, lending that X-Factor. His legend grew in stature to such an extent that rumor spread that Page had sold his soul to the Devil in exchange for musical talent.

I got one chance to sell my soul to the Devil, I would gladly grab it with both hands, without any qualms. But before actually 'selling', I would split my soul into various horocruxes. (I guess when you can sell your soul, you could also split it), and trade my horocruxes for special wishes.

I would ideally split my soul 3 times, leaving horocruxes with half, quarter and one-eighths of my soul. Here's what I would how I would trade them:-
1. Half of my soul to be a connoisseur of literature, music, food and art.
2. Quarter to become the perfect pianist.
3. One-eights to gain courage, courage to ask out the girl I like.
4. The remaining soul i.e. one-eights of original remaining in my body would be elated to pursue a successful career as food connoisseur, play the piano for fun and enjoy all this with the girl I love.


PS: The post may present me as a disturbed person, but then again, this is just extreme form of imagination. PLEASE, do not judge me from this post, I am NOT demented.

1 comment: